Sunday, January 15, 2012

bring on the cold

I have been waiting patiently for a package to arrive, and wouldn't you know, as soon as I am away for a week, the package shows up. So today when I arrived home, I was eager to find out if the new winter coat that I had ordered was everything that I had hoped it would be. I am not in the habit of buying clothes sight unseen from online sources. I came upon this coat through The Clymb, a company that gathers sources for shopping deals and sends out email notices of the current options. They have a focus on outdoor sports gear, a lot of which doesn't apply to my needs, but there have been some attractive offerings even for me. I bought a pair of shoes, a messenger bag, and now this coat. All have turned out to be good prices and good products, so if you want to take a look at their website I don't think you will go wrong. But back to the coat, it is from Lole, and turns out to be a very well made garment that will be keeping me happy until the spring flowers bloom!


I love the attention to detail with pockets, plackets, tailoring and materials.

A couple of other sewing/quilting projects to share with you--
this is called Lover's Lane by Villa Rosa Designs. An easy pattern, just 1 yard each of 3 main fabrics.


Some snazzy little shoes for my future grandson--

And this one is Nancy's little baby quilt from an Aardvark Quilts pattern. The stripes make it a winner. Finding a good assortment of nice homespun stripes in these colors is not easy, but Nancy is a fabric collector extraordinaire, and her storage bins are like a treasure chest!

One last thing that I wanted to share with you, but have been forgetting about--
This was the sunrise on Christmas day as we drove along the highway. It was truly beautiful. A gift in itself. No wrapping paper required.

1 comment:

MissesStitches said...

Beautiful sunrise--the best of gifts. Love those baby shoes, Grandma!