Tuesday, June 5, 2012

fabric photos that work

I finally have some plantings in the cement pots I made at retreat in April.  I made a stop at Bachman's, a well-known local garden center, to find the appropriate plants.  Little teeny ones for the 4-holer, and a beautiful textured larger one for the other pot.  I like the looks of these.  I have one more pot to use and I want to put a hen & chicks plant in there.


I started working yesterday on an interesting quilt for a customer.  Tiffany Boeson designed and constructed this as a wedding gift.  She incorporated several beautiful large photos in B&W and sepia tones, and had them printed on fabric by Spoonflower.  This company will take your original artwork, prints, photos, etc., and create your own personal fabric.  The quality and texture of these pictures is excellent, feels just like regular fabric.  And if you notice that yellow ruler in the picture, it is 12" long, so you can see that this works on a large scale, too.  So far, I have been carefully outlining all of the pictures and applique work that she has done, next will be the scotty dogs in the borders!


2 comments:

Daniel said...

I love the cement pots! They turned out great!

Judy V said...

I would love to see finished wedding quilt project. I have been wanting to do a photo quilt!